Thursday, February 24, 2011

Understanding The Significance of Your Personal History

Hopefully, I'm going to convince myself that this is not only a good idea, but a potentially great one. I want to believe that I'll update my shiny, new blog often with meaningful and enjoyable thoughts, opinions and personal history. I want to understand the truest of purposes that an online journal can serve and stay passionate towards its success and ageless existence. Most importantly of all, I wish that I maintain the capacity in words and wisdom to keep someone like you interested in reading it.

Years ago, just over seven years ago now actually, I created an account with LiveJournal.com under the alias of EvilSkaCoreBass. In years since, it has vanished from the archives of the LiveJournal databases, but it's existence isn't what's important. I only bring it up as a sort of historical marker. It was only a few months later (February 2nd, 2004) that I created a second, more openly emotional account with LiveJournal that I continued to write in for nearly four years. The reason I bring this up, I suppose, is to let you, the reader, know that I'm quite familiar with the world of "blogging".

What comes next is the fact that there's few things I enjoy more these days than being able to go back to those old journal entries and read about the things I had going on in my life during those times, be them mental or physical moments in my daily life. Something, and I use the word "something" in its loosest possible meaning since, to my knowledge, there was no particular event that would've triggered this, happened in my life that turned me away from documenting my life online. I walked out on my journal slowly during the last half of 2007.

That was a little over three years ago now. Part of me feels like I've lost so many memories for the simple reason that I didn't write it all down. I know this is a bit of an overreaction, obviously plenty has happened in my life during that time and I remember and treasure it all for what it was, but time has that inevitable habit of chipping away at those moments of our lives that we've stored away in the attic of our brains.

Point is, it's never too late to start something like this up. I'm at a turning point in my life. It's not necessarily a sharp turn, but just a slight redirection towards new, and seeming brighter horizons. It is for this reason that I've chosen to title the blog "Onwards & Upwards" as a whole. The next place I'll someday be looking back on to re-live and re-learn moments of my life from Thursday, February 2011 to some completely unpredictable future date.

To close, I say only this; Welcome, reader, to my newest attic.

No comments:

Post a Comment